Our Focus: Financial Services
We connect the right people with the right positions throughout the financial community.
Tap our resources.
They run deep. Since our inception we've kept our focus trained exclusively on the financial industry, and we've built a vast network of contacts in the process. Let us put those resources to work for you. We'll connect you with the most current job openings at the most desirable companies in Chicago or nationwide.
Accounting Assistant (1123-7)
This position is with a growing Financial Company consisting of a Broker
Dealer, RIA, Insurance Company and a Holding Company. Due to growth and
expansion, they have an opening for a Senior Accounting Assistant. The
Finance department is a fast-paced environment with hard and fast deadlines.
Below are the job functions that the Senior Accounting Assistant would be
required to perform:
• Record and pay Vendor payments for four separate and distinct
• Reconcile Bank Statements.
• Monitor and update QuickBooks software as necessary.
• Maintain Chart of Accounts.
• Reconcile company credit card monthly.
• Process bi-monthly commission payments using Foxtrot.
• Enter, upload and verify trades and adjustments daily by running
reports and reviewing for accuracy.
• Process credit card payments for representatives and enter in
QuickBooks and Foxtrot.
• Calculate commission payments for Insurance Agency commissions and
enter into QuickBooks along with intercompany entries to the Broker Dealer.
• Process Deposits daily.
• Upload daily trades from DST and NSCC.
• Match and record payments received against commission receivables.
• Reconcile and balance billing statements for two clearing
• Accrue Commission receivables and enter into QuickBooks, monthly.
• Move monthly cash balances at clearing firm into company bank
• Review and balance Intercompany accounts monthly.
• Process and Pay Expense reports promptly.
• Process Managed Fees to representatives using template and upload
• Monitor and review the General Ledger for accuracy for four
• Monitor daily processing to assure processes are moving forward and
deadlines are being met.
• Train Accounting Assistants.
• Assist the CFO with the annual budget.
• Coordinate and supervise special projects as determined by CFO.
• Addition job duties as designated by the CFO.
• 3 years of practical accounting experience, preferably in a multi-
company business, preferably in the
• Ability to work independently in a face-paced/high-volume
• Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent
problem-solving and follow-up skills.
• Strong reconciliation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be organized and process-oriented, with a solid work ethic and
• Must have the ability to prioritize work and process efficiently
with little or no supervision.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
• Working knowledge of Foxtrot Commission Software (or, at minimum, a
commission-based software) preferred.
• Some knowledge of FINRA, SEC and State rules and regulations
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosnaweb25a/b1623/apo.broke3/jobdetails.php on line 58